Sunday, April 25, 2010

This is something I just wrote, kinda reflecting on my day. I went to a baptism and a funeral, and starting thinking about how amazing it is that both can somehow be a new birth. Anyway, here it is:

The light of the moon brightens the night.
It gives clarity to my thoughts, as I sit here and write.

The truths of life are simple, yet strong.
They exist in the world to help us along.

Death and life dance back and forth,
setting and rising on this earth.
When one chapter ends, a new one begins.
Who's to say which is better, the beginning or the end?
Friendships, too, do bloom and fade.
I often wonder who will remain,
but I trust that the One who made the stars shine,
brings people into my life at the proper time.

Circumstances may come, and try to make us change,
but grounded in faith, we will never give in.
The Lord writes our story, and we but respond
to the grace which He gives us, to help us along.

Turning with faith and trust to our God
brings us strength, and carries us one.
Love all with undying fire,
so the light of the world can burn brighter and brighter.
And when we've finished, come to the end,
we'll be ready to start all over again.
In His presence, forever and ever,
praising and thanking Him. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. This is really GREAT! What nice thoughts you have incorporated into these few lines. People of Faith will get an instant uplift and a comforting view of these two destinies. Well done!

    TJC

    ReplyDelete