Tuesday, March 8, 2011

I left the house late, but still managed to arrive at the bus stop 5 minutes early. It seemed liked everything was going my way, because I only had to stop at one, brief red light. However, I waited and waited, and no bus came. Despite all my efforts, I had still missed the bus.

This gave me a chance to be still for about 10 minutes, absorbing the sunlight, admiring the wispy clouds in the pale blue sky, and enjoying the birds' songs. This helped me understand that missing something that I really want isn't necessarily a bad thing. If I had been there on time for the first bus, then I would have missed the opportunity to spend time wondering at God's glorious creation. The best part? I still made it to class early. :)

All this to say that, if something happens that isn't in our plan, God can use that to make us aware of the beauty in our situation, and He cares enough to still get us where we need to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment