- Since we're chosen by God to be His children, we can't earn His love, so we can't lose it; it's His gift to us.
- Bless people for who they are, not what they do. Take time to notice the person, not their performance.
- We aren't the sum of our weaknesses and failures, but the sum of our Father's love.
- The way a person is broken tells you something unique about them.
- Brokenness exists to let God's light shine forth.
- Your brokenness is a link to your mission.
- Death is simply putting out the lamp because the dawn has come.
Monday, May 16, 2011
Katrina Zeno did a talk not too long ago about our lives as Christians. She said that, like Jesus, we're Chosen, Blessed, Broken, and Given. Here are some excerpts from her talk that really touched me:
Sunday, May 15, 2011
What makes one life worth more than another? What dictates if you're more important than someone else? How do you save a life by purposely destorying another? America devalues suffering. People say, "I wouldn't want to live like that," but don't you want to live?
Monday, May 9, 2011
This is sort of a celebratory entry, but a premature one. haha Finals are over on Wednesday, and my life will slow down a little after next week. I can't wait!
I'm also kinda proud of the fact that my brothers and I made a great dinner for my mom and dad tonight. It was sooo much fun, and I'm so proud of how special we made Momma feel. :)
Another happy thought for today? I got to spend the afternoon with my family at my grandparents' house. It was so cool to watch everyone's faces as they gathered around Grammy, and watched her joy as she read all of the cards. She later told me, "This is the best Mother's Day ever!" I thought that was neat. It made me think about attitudes we should have everyday. If we expect every day to be better than the one before, I think we've found something special. That's not to say that every day is going to be the same; it won't be! Seriously though, there are so many little things that make life better day by day.