- Since we're chosen by God to be His children, we can't earn His love, so we can't lose it; it's His gift to us.
- Bless people for who they are, not what they do. Take time to notice the person, not their performance.
- We aren't the sum of our weaknesses and failures, but the sum of our Father's love.
- The way a person is broken tells you something unique about them.
- Brokenness exists to let God's light shine forth.
- Your brokenness is a link to your mission.
- Death is simply putting out the lamp because the dawn has come.
Monday, May 16, 2011
Thoughts from Katrina Zeno's talk
Katrina Zeno did a talk not too long ago about our lives as Christians. She said that, like Jesus, we're Chosen, Blessed, Broken, and Given. Here are some excerpts from her talk that really touched me: