Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Courage

Driving home from Mass, the car in front of me caught my eye. First off, it was a Mustang. Secondly, they had a window stick that said "Got courage? Let go and let God."

That totally took me by surprise! I'd never really thought that courage could consist of letting go and trusting God. I mean, it makes sense when you actually think about, but the thought had never occurred to me. I often pray for courage, and I often pray for trust in God, but I'd never prayed with them both in mind.

Officially, the definition of courage is doing something that scares you. It's scary letting go, especially of future hopes and dreams, or of loved ones, or really anything for that matter. That's what God calls us to do though. If we let go, that means we're acknowledging that there's Someone out there who knows better. And I don't know about you, but trusting that the Creator of the Universe has a plan sounds like a good idea to me.

Courage: letting go and letting God work. That's what's up.

1 comment:

  1. Many people find it hard to acknowledge that God is intimately aware of each of us and is arranging things best. Trust and courage is what it takes though.

    ReplyDelete